Thinking of heading out for a family walk this Easter weekend? We hear the weather isn’t meant to be too terrible either. The long Easter weekend helps to bring families back together and we find that our previously quiet walks can sometimes get a little busy. I have listed a few of The Hiking Households favourite excursions that we think are worth an explore this Easter Weekend. Whatever you get up to I hope you enjoy some family time – we gave up chocolate for Lent so we shall certainly be enjoying our Easter Sunday!!
Please note for further walk details you can click on the highlighted words in red, you will then be taken directly to that walk page.
- Good Friday at Whitehaven Harbour: If you weren’t already aware The Hiking Household will be at Whitehaven Harbour tomorrow leading a walk around the Candlestick and up towards The Haig Pit. We will be promoting the Tale Trails new interactive story map, there will be plenty for children to enjoy – storytelling, a family friendly walk and Ancient History workshops! If you’re after a family friendly day then head to our events page and book on now, the event is free.
- Buttermere: A fantastic four mile circular walk around Buttermere. This flat and easy walk is great for the whole family. Buttermere Village offers cafes, toilets and a place to stop for a well deserved ice cream!
- Binsey: Why not take the Easter weekend as an opportunity to get your little ones up their first ever Wainwright? Binsey is a perfect, easy fell walk that is ideal for those new to fell walking. There’s no better time than now to get your children up their first fell! Or perhaps you’re already avid walkers but don’t fancy a walk too strenuous? Head over to Binsey and make the quick climb to the top. You could even link it with a spot of lunch at Bassenthwaite Lake Station Café, or even a trip to the Wildlife Park close by.
Lake District Wildlife Park
- Do you live South of the Lakes? Or perhaps, like us, you’re keen to explore further afield. Then why not head to Sizergh Castle and explore this fantastic National Trust family day out. You can find beautiful gardens, a delicious café and a fantastic wild play trail here!
- If you head to the southern tip of Windermere you will find the fantastic Fell Foot Park where there is the opportunity to play on the park, enjoy a meadow walk or even head out onto Lake Windermere. From paddle boarding to rowing boats, your family can hire a boat and enjoy some water sports this Easter.
- Fancy a walk through a quieter side of the Lake District? Why not head to Loweswater and enjoy a pram friendly walk surrounded by breathtaking views. Other options close to Loweswater could be the 3 mile route around Brackenthwaite and Lanthwaite, or a shorter walk to Crummock Water for a play & paddle.
Whatever you decide to do over the next few days we hope your Easter is filled with fun, laughter, adventure and of course chocolate! Don’t forget to tag us so we can see all of your Hiking Household adventures! Keep a look out on our Instagram page, the website or sign up to our newsletter if you’re interested in keeping up to date with our family excursions!
Leave A Comment