Christmas in Cumbria!
I adore Christmas!! It feels even more special this year after all of the restrictions last year. Thankfully there are plenty of family festive events happening in Cumbria this year and I have added a list of a few of the local events below. As ever, the list is never ending and I know there are many more things that I have missed off so please do comment below with more Christmassy events that we can all enjoy ?????
- Caldbeck Elf Hunt: running from the 13th November until the 23rd December this lovely village trail begins at the Muddy Duck Café. Here you are able to purchase a map for your child and begin searching for those mischievous elves (£2.50 per child).
- Carlisle Santa Dash: we are particularly looking forward to this 5K,or 2K, fun run/walk. It will begin at Bitts Park, Carlisle on Sunday 5th December. There is a 10.30am start for the 5k, 11.30am for the 2k. Further details and to book please see www.sportinaction.co.uk.
- South Lakes Santa Dash: there are numerous festive family runs taking place throughout Cumbria, see www.cancer care.org.uk for more details. Events are taking place in Lancaster, Kendal, Morecambe and Millom.
- The Sands Centre Pantomime: a must see this year! Between the 13th-31st December Cinderella will be performed at The Sands Centre, Carlisle. Always a great show for the whole family.
- The Old Fire Station: finally we see the return of live performances and this year we see ‘Dear Santa Live’ come to OFS in Carlisle. You can catch this between the 2nd – 4th December. Recommended for ages 2+ and from the author of Dear Zoo this is sure to be a sell out!
- Carlisle racecourse: Christmas Jumper Day, 12th December. Family friendly event, for further details go to thejockeyclub.co.uk
- ArtVenturers: Little Christmas Party, Houghton Village Hall, 19th December. 9.30am for ages 6-18 months, 11.30 for 18months – 7 years. Book via artventurers website, these classes are always great fun!
- Rheged, Penrith: Cbeebies The Night Before Christmas, 4th and 5th December. To book please see www.rheged.com. Rheged are also showing various Christmas films at their cinema this festive period – Elf, Polar Express and The Snowman. Please see their website to book. *Supper with Santa sold out.*
- Santa’s Grotto at Hetlands Garden Centre (also known as the Dino Park to my family!): between the dates of 27th Nov – 19th December head to meet Santa in his grotto, book online. There is also the fabulous illuminated outside walkway at Hetlands that you can visit between 27th nov – 21st Dec, from 4.30pm. Book online.
- Father Christmas Tea Party at The World of Beatrix Potter, Windermere: we are beyond thrilled that events are back at Beatrix Potter in Windemere, these always sell out fast so be quick! 4th-12th December, book online.
- Theatre by the Lake: Tom’s Midnight Garden, suitable for 6+. Selected dates in Nov-Jan. My family and I always take a Christmas trip to the Theatre at Keswick and this looks fantastic! Book online.
- Old Laundry Theatre, Bowness on Windermere: Santa’s Best Ever Christmas Live Show. 19th-24th December. Book online. Limited availability.
- Cockermouth Christmas Fair: Saturday 11th – Sunday 12th December.
*These events have been checked to be correct at time of writing. With the ever changing circumstances, due to Coronavirus, I ask you to please check all details carefully before attending.*
Leave A Comment